Absolutely love anything lemon flavoured, if a menu has a lemon dessert of some kind it is what I always lean towards, even more than something chocolatey.
Now souffles are one of those desserts that you need to be quick with, you barely have enough time to take a photo for these little babies as they start to sink the second they come out the oven, it took us several attempts to get a photo of these, literally had one of us standing with a camera and the other getting them out the oven and taking an instant photo.
These are best enjoyed straight from the oven but be careful as they are like molten lava and will burn your tongue.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- Juicer/squeezer for citrus fruits, catches pips and easier to use than squeezing by hand.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
- 75g caster sugar – 15 syns
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sweetener – 1 syn
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- Lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan.
- Lightly spray the insides of 4 deep ramekin dishes with a little frylight.
- Sprinkle a little caster sugar into each ramekin to roughly coat the sides in sugar, tip out any excess back into the remaining sugar and set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, gradually whisk in the lemon juice, sweetener and caster sugar a little at a time until the mixture is thick and glossy and peaks remain on the surface when you remove the whisk.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of lemon curd into the bottom of each ramekin (syn accordingly).
- Evenly distribute the souffle mix into each ramekin being careful not to knock the mixture too much, don’t over fill the dishes as the souffle rises when cooking and will spill over the edge.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly golden on top and they have risen in size.
- Serve immediately. Be careful they will be extremely hot.