Sometimes when it comes to dinner time we don’t want a proper meal and the picky kind of dinners are very much welcomed. This was perfect for sitting in front of the telly and nibbling away.
You can use any meat, veggies and salads bits that you prefer.
Some recommended items from our kitchen for this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- Large roasting tin.
- We get asked a lot about our unicorn egg cups, we have had them for ages but you can find them here… Unicorn egg cups
- And our mug can be found here… Unicorn mug
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Sunday Roast Buffet
- 1 small pork loin
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages, defrosted
- Handful of shallots, peeled
- 4 Heck chicken italia chipolatas – 2 syns
- 4 slices smoked bacon, fat removed
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- Apple sauce – 1 syn per tablespoon
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and coarsely grated
- Veggie sticks – cucumber, carrot, peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 HexB rolls of your choice (we used the Schar gluten free ciabatta rolls)
- Dried sage
- Dried thyme
- Dried rosemary
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven 200°C fan.
- Roughly cut your potatoes into bite sized pieces, place in a bowl and squirt a few sprays of either frylight or syn a little oil over the potatoes. Season with sea salt and sprinkle over some dried rosemary and thyme (I don’t measure just add to our tastes). Give the potatoes a toss so everything is coated in herbs.
- Transfer the potatoes to an oven tray.
- Season the pork and the chicken with some dried sage and season with salt and pepper. Place on the tray with the potatoes.
- Twist the chipolatas in half and cut down the middle to make 8 little cocktail sausages. Cut the bacon in half length ways and wrap each piece around each sausages. Place the pigs in blankets on the tray with the potatoes and other meat.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Mash the Linda sausages with a little dried sage and form into little stuffing balls, add to the tray of potatoes and meat in the oven and turn the potatoes over, roast for a further 25 – 30 minutes until juices run clear and everything is browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile fry the shallots in a little balsamic vinegar (again i don’t measure I go by our tastes) and cook until caramelised and soft.
- Add your chosen rolls into the oven for the last 5 minutes of cooking time to warm them up or simply pop them in the toaster for a few minutes.
- Serve with your veggie sticks, apple sauce and any other little tasty treats and enjoy.