Pizza and pasta, two of our favourite food combined. I have cooked this for years however over the years have changed toppings and fillings to slightly healthier ones and to be honest there isn’t much difference in flavour even with healthier toppings. Just goes to show that old meals we have cooked for years can easily be adapted to suit our diets.
You can add any toppings to this, you can use any type of pasta, any cheese, simply just make it to your own requirements as we are all different.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- A big time saver for chopping veg with a veg chopper, from onions to carrots this is a god send to chop quickly.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Cheese grater with varying grater sizes.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- A lot of our dishes are pyrex, great for cooking. Perfect for roasters too and easy to clean.
**NOTE: just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have used a spice kit available from SpiceNTice which have all the spices you need all included in one kit so we don’t need to rummage through the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their spice kits and rubs are all Slimming Club friendly (Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Calorie counting etc). For 20% off your order you can use our code HICKMAN at the checkout.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Meat Feast Pizza Pasta
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 courgette, grated
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 500g carton passata
- 1 beef or vegetable oxo cube
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons SpiceNTice Italian rub – 1 syn (** See note above about this rub)
You will also need:
- 150g pasta of your choice
- Pizza pepperoni – 1 syn per slice (use as many as you wish to syn)
- Bacon, fat removed and diced
- 2 Aldi skinny sausages – 1 syn
- 70g reduced fat/light mozzarella cheese – 1 x HexA or 6 syns
- 40g light mature cheddar, finely grated – 1 x HexA or 6 syns
- Preheat oven 180°C fan.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan saute the onion, peppers, garlic and celery until soft.
- Add all the other sauce ingredients and simmer on a low heat for around 10 – 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
- Once the pasta is cooked enough, drain the hot water and set aside for now.
- Chop the sausages up into pieces and gently fry in a skillet pan with the bacon until starting to brown, don’t worry about cooking them fully at this stage as they will continue to cook in the oven, set aside for now.
- Add some of the sauce mixture to the pasta, you may not need all the sauce so just add enough for what you want, the rest can be potted up and frozen for another meal.
- Stir in the bacon and sausages and transfer everything back into the skillet pan.
- Lay the mozzarella and cheddar over the top and add your pepperoni.
- Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until the pasta is fully cooked and the cheese is golden and melted.
- Serve alongside a salad or vegetables and your healthy B choice of garlic bread if you wish.