Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- Non-stick milk pan as I love having the lip to make it easier to pour without spillage.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 200ml whole milk – 1 x HexA or 6 syns
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons sweetener
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon cornflour – 0.5 syn
- In a milk pan bring the milk to a slow simmer, don’t bring it to the heat too fast or it will scorch the bottom.
- In a bowl whisk the egg yolks, vanilla, sweetener and cornflour together until pale and fluffy.
- Pour the hot milk into the egg mixture and whisk as you do to prevent scrambling.
- Transfer the custard back into the milk pan and simmer on a low heat whilst whisking the whole time until thick to your liking.