Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Non-stick milk pan as I love having the lip to make it easier to pour without spillage.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Traditional Bread and Butter Pudding
- 1 Schar gluten free white ciabatta – HexB or 5 syns
- 250ml semi skimmed milk – HexA or 6 syns
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon low fat butter – 2.5 syns (check own brands as syns vary)
- 12g sultanas – 2 syns (Optional)
- Ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven 150°C.
- Add the milk to a milk pan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, sweetener and vanilla in a dish and pour the hot milk in, whisking as you pour.
- Cut the ciabatta in 4 pieces and spread the butter on each slice.
- Place the ciabatta into the egg mix and allow the egg to soak in (It may float a little at the moment).
- Add the sultanas if using and sprinkle over a little nutmeg to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes until set. Either enjoy hot from the oven or allow to cool and refrigerate and enjoy chilled from the fridge.