Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- Rolling pin, we use a stainless steel one as I make a lot of pastry and it can be put in the fridge to prevent pasty from getting so warm from warm hands and being handled so much. Best purchase I ever made for pastry.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Cherry Bakewell French Toast
- 2 slices wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf – HexB or 6 syns
- 2 teaspoons no added sugar cherry jam – 1 syn
- 1 egg
- 25ml whole milk – part HexA or 1 syn
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- 1 teaspoon sweetener and 3g ground almonds for the coating – 1 syn
- Use a rolling pin and roll the bread out until thin.
- Warm the jam with a tiny amount of cold water in the microwave to make it easier to spread and go further.
- Spread the jam over the slices of bread and roll them up nice and tight.
- In a bowl whisk the egg, milk, almond extract, and sweetener together and dip the rolled bread in until fully coated.
- Spray a pan with frylight (I use the coconut one) and fry the rolls until nice and golden on all sides and the egg has been cooked through.
- Once cooked quickly roll them in the sweetener and almond mix and serve with your favourite fruit.