Some recommended items from our kitchen for making our flapjacks…
- Small baking tray ideal for all our flapjack recipes. (I use 2 of these).
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Cheese grater with varying graters, we use the small grater for our flapjacks so the carrot is nice and fine.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Sticky Banana Flapjacks
- 135g Jordans no added sugar Muesli – 3 x HexB or 22.5 syns
- Finely grated small carrot
- 1 tablespoon black treacle – 2 syns
- 25g low fat butter – 4.5 syns (syns vary so check your own brand)
- 100g banana, mashed – 4 syns
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Mix the muesli, banana and carrot together until well mixed.
- Melt the butter on a low heat with the treacle and set aside to cool a little.
- Once cooled stir the treacle mix into the muesli and mix thoroughly.
- Spread out on the baking tray about an inch thick making sure to pack it down tight so it doesn’t crumble once cooked.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes
- Allow to cool and then place in the fridge to set.
- Cut into equal pieces so you get 3 portions.
- Each portion serves 1 person for 1 HexB & 3.5 syns.
I added dried banana chips to the top of these but this is an optional step. Syn accordingly if you use them.