- 45g oatbran
- ½ tablespoon sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon curd
- 2 heaped tablespoons fat free greek yogurt
- 1 egg, whites only
- 25g caster sugar
- 25ml cold water
- Preheat oven 180°C fan.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and give a quick mix.
- In another bowl whisk the egg and lemon extract until pale, add the yogurt mix.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Pour your mixture into your desired dish, leaving a few spoonful’s behind.
- Add the curd into the centre and cover with the last few spoons of the mix.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- The last 5 minutes of cooking time prepare your meringue.
- Whisk the egg white until they just start to make soft peaks.
- In a small heavy duty saucepan add your sugar and water and bring to a boil until a sugar thermometer reaches 135°.
- Once the temperature is met slowly pour the hot sugar into the meringue but keep whisking until you get glossy stiff peaks.
- Add the meringue to the top of your oatbran and use a blowtorch to colour the top, alternatively pop under a hot grill for a few minutes.
- Make sure your sugar hits the right temperature as this ensure the egg white “cooks” when you whisk the sugar syrup into the whites, blow torching or grilling for a few seconds just gives it a crispy top.
- You can also just make a normal meringue topping by whisking the sugar and egg white and adding to the oatbran half way through cooking time.