These babies are featured regularly on our Instagram page. You can make these with both pork mince and with sausages so you can always change the flavours as you wish. Below is a simple recipe using pork mince so we can keep the syns lower for you but they are also tasty using sausages.
You can use any healthy A choice for your cheese but you want something that melts for the gooey oozy centres, and any sausages you prefer. We use either Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself Cumberlands or Heck chicken Italia depending what we have in the house at the time.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
- 250g 5% fat pork mince
- 2 Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages, defrosted
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1 small apple, finely grated (please note cooked fruit has a syn value, however as this apple will be making a few sausages I have not included a syn value, if you were however to eat the lot then please syn accordingly)
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 80g lighter mature cheddar – 2 HexA
- 30g wholemeal bread, turned into breadcrumbs – 3 syns
- Preheat oven 180°C fan.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients apart from the cheese and breadcrumbs and give a really good mix, don’t be afraid to get your hands right in and squish it all together.
- Divide the meat into how ever many sausages you wish to make and start to make your sausages.
- Pat each portion into a pattie and add a piece of cheese in the middle, mould the meat around the cheese so its fully encased and the cheese is well covered.
- Roll each sausage in the breadcrumbs and place on a greased baking tray.
- Place in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes or until they are cooked through and nice and golden.
- Serve with chips and salad for a tasty meal.