These babies are featured regularly on our Instagram page. You can make these with both pork mince and with your favourite sausages so you can always change the flavours as you wish.
You can use any cheese you prefer in these but you want something that melts for the gooey oozy centres.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 250g 5% fat pork mince
- 2 Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages, defrosted
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1 small apple, finely grated
- 1 small egg, beaten
You will also need:-
- 80g lighter mature cheddar
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, turned into breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven 180°C fan.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for the sausagemeat mixture and give a really good mix, don’t be afraid to get your hands right in and squish it all together.
- Divide the meat into 4 and start to make your sausages.
- Pat each portion into a pattie and add a 20g piece of cheese in the middle, mould the meat around the cheese so its fully encased and the cheese is well covered.
- Roll and press gently each sausage in the breadcrumbs and place on a greased baking tray
- Place in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes or until they are cooked through and nice and golden.
- Serve with chips and salad for a tasty meal.