Sometimes all we want is something quick to throw together for a quick and easy lunch and this is where this comes in handy. You can add extra vegetables if you wish, extra spice, grill some cheese from your healthy extra on top, change the sausages to which ever ones you prefer, add chicken, beef, quorn, basically its a nice simple recipe that can be adapted to suit everyones tastes. And its cheap too.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Spicy Sausage Pasta
Serves 2 – 1 syn per person
- 150g fusilli pasta
- 1 tin cherry tomatoes (chopped tomatoes is also fine)
- 1 tin spicy taco beans
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- Half a courgette, diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 4 heck chicken italia sausages – 0.5 syn per sausage
- Partially cook the pasta until almost cooked and grill the sausages under the grill.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan fry off the onion, pepper and courgette until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, stock cube, carrot, chilli and 50ml water and bring to the boil.
- Drain the pasta from its starchy water and add to the tomato mixture, bringing it all to a simmer and cook until the pasta is cooked to your liking and the sauce is thickened.
- Divide between 2 bowls and cut 2 sausages up per bowl and stir through.