Sometimes all we want is something quick to throw together for a quick and easy lunch and this is where this comes in handy. You can add extra vegetables if you wish, extra spice, grill some cheese on top, change the sausages to which ever ones you prefer, add chicken, beef, quorn, basically its a nice simple recipe that can be adapted to suit everyone’s tastes. And its cheap too, my kind of meal.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 200g fusilli pasta
- 1 tin cherry tomatoes
- 1 tin spicy taco beans
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- Half a courgette, diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (adjust if you like less or more heat)
- 6 heck chicken Italia sausages
- Partially cook the pasta until al dente and grill the sausages under the grill.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan fry off the onion, pepper and courgette until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, stock cube, carrot, chilli and 50ml water and bring to the boil.
- Drain the pasta and add to the tomato mixture, chop the sausages and stir those in and bring it to a simmer and cook until the pasta is done to your liking and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve with a salad or some steamed vegetables.