We love a bit of fish and chips, especially the naughty kind from the chippy but also the kind you can make at home too for far less syns.
Anyway back to fish, there are so many types of fish out there, fresh and tinned and all have different tastes. Easily enjoyed with salads, chips, rice, pasta and in stew form which is what we have here.
You can add any fish you like, you can also add in some shellfish like prawns, squid etc to suit your own tastes. Adjust the heat by adding less or more chilli flakes to also suit your own tastes.
- Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish… Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Spanish Style Orzo & Cod Stew
Serves 4 – 2 syns per portion
- 400g skinless and boneless cod fillets, cut into chunks
- 50g chorizo, diced – 7 syns
- 250g dried orzo pasta
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 small courgette, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lazy garlic
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 500ml boiling fish or vegetable stock
- Handful frozen peas
- In a large pan add the onions, peppers, carrots, celery, garlic, chilli flakes, fennel seeds, chorizo and a little of the stock and season with salt and pepper, cover and simmer on a low heat until the veg begins to soften.
- Add the saffron, paprika, tomatoes, pasta and the remaining stock and bring to a low simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes stirring occasionally until the pasta is almost cooked, add a little more water if its drying out.
- Add the celery, courgette and cod, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes until the fish is cooked through. Serve with a wedge of lemon to squeeze over the top.