Something a little different for breakfast are these sticky toffee apples.
In the summer we have a huge crop of apples in our orchard so we take advantage of fresh pickings most mornings.
When the new Hi-Fi bar flavour sticky toffee came out I knew instantly they would work amazingly well with apples. UPDATE as of 5th March 2019: Sadly these Hi-Fi bars are discontinued but fear not the salted caramel ones work just the same until they also become discontinued which I hope not.
Also this recipe uses cooking apples, if you use eating apples you need to change the weight of your apples as you only get 250g once cooked for your healthy B choice or 6 syns over 300g cooking apple once cooked for healthy B or 5 syns.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Sticky Toffee Apple
- 300g cooking apple – cut in half and cored – HexB or 5 syns
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 sticky toffee Hi-Fi bar – 3 syns
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place your apples skin side down and sprinkle the sweetener and cinnamon over the flesh of the apple.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until its starting to soften.
- Chop the hi-fi bar into pieces and squish down a little and lay over the top of the apple.
- Back in the oven for 5 minutes until the hi-fi bar is melted and gooey and the apple is cooked to your liking.