Skip to content
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons Clover light
- 12g sultanas (Optional)
- Preheat oven 170°C fan.
- Roll the slices of bread nice and flat with a rolling pin.
- Spread the bread with the butter and sprinkle the cinnamon all over the bread being as generous as you like.
- Add the sultanas if using and roll each slice up nice and tight.
- Slice the bread in slices and set aside.
- Add the milk to a milk pan and bring to a gentle boil..
- Lightly whisk the egg, sweetener and vanilla in a dish and pour the hot milk in, whisking as you pour.
- Lay the cinnamon swirled bread in the milk and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until set.
- Either enjoy hot from the oven or allow to cool and refrigerate and enjoy chilled from the fridge.