I absolutely love making this dish not sure anyone has noticed if you follow us on social media haha, its so quick to chuck together, it is usually a meal I will do on a Friday evening as for us Fridays are the last day of the week until we do our weekly shop in the evening and we have often ran out of everything in the fridge so rely on cupboard staples.
You can add any veg you like if you want to bulk it out some more, mushrooms and peppers are a great veg to add but you can literally add anything you like. You can also swap the potatoes for butternut squash.
I use tinned potatoes in this recipe but I also use leftover cooked potatoes as well.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- A big time saver for chopping veg with a veg chopper, from onions to carrots this is a god send to chop quickly.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Cheese grater with varying grater sizes.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- Skillet pans, not only are they great for frying but they can also go in the oven.
**NOTE: just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have used a spice kit available from SpiceNTice which have all the spices you need all included in one kit so we don’t need to rummage through the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their spice kits and rubs are all Slimming Club friendly (Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Calorie counting etc). For 20% off your order you can use our code HICKMAN at the checkout.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Cheesy Corned Beef Hash
Serves 2 – 1 HexA and 1.5 syns per person
- 1 tin Princes lean corned beef, diced (I keep mine in the fridge so it holds its shape once we start cooking) – 3 syns
- 1 tin baked beans
- 1 large or 2 small tins new potatoes, water drained and chop in half if they are a little big
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 beef oxo cube
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon SpiceNTice chimichuri rub (** See note above about this rub)
- 40g light mature cheddar cheese – 1 HexA or 6 syns
- 30g red Leicester cheese – 1 HexA or 6 syns
- In a skillet pan gently fry the carrot and onion until starting to soften.
- Add the potatoes to the pan along with the corned beef, chimichuri and oxo cube and fry for a few minutes until starting to brown and the corned beef is looking like its starting to crisp a little on the edges.
- Add the beans and worcestershire sauce and heat everything through.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place the skillet under a medium heated grill and grill until the cheese is melted and nice and golden.
- Serve with veggies or a simple salad or simply on its own if you wish.