Chinese is probably one of our favourite take away’s. And guess what? You can still enjoy a Chinese on Slimming World without feeling guilty. There is a whole list of meals you can choose to fit into the plan and that’s great.
Whats even more great is you can also cook these dishes yourself at home and also stick to plan without feeling like you are missing out.
Now black bean sauce is one of my favourites to have at the Chinese. I have followed a few recipes and changed them around to make them more Slimming World friendly and I finally have the perfect recipe for a low syn beef in black bean.
You can change the beef to any meat you wish like chicken or pork but in this recipe I will be using beef.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- A big time saver for chopping veg with a veg chopper, from onions to carrots this is a god send to chop quickly.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Beef in Black Bean Sauce
Serves 4 – 1 syn per person
- 600g beef fillet, fat removed, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing rice wine – 0.5 syn
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce (make sure its not the thick one as that one has a syn value, you want the runny looking one in a tall shaker bottle).
- 250ml beef stock
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ginger puree – 0.5 syn
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 white onions, cut into chunks
- 2 green bell peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- Half a brocolli, cut into small florets
- 1 teaspoon cornflour – 0.5 syn
- 50g black bean sauce – 2 syns (Check your own brand as they can all vary).
- In a bowl mix the cornflour, both soy sauces, rice wine, black pepper and the beef making sure all the beef is well coated in the marinade.
- Spray a pan with frylight and fry the beef for about 2 minutes, keep stirring.
- Add the onion, garlic ginger, peppers and broccoli and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until the beef is cooked, the vegetables are starting to soften and the sauce is nice and thick.