Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Non-stick milk pan as I love having the lip to make it easier to pour without spillage.
- Rolling pin, we use a stainless steel one as I make a lot of pastry and it can be put in the fridge to prevent pasty from getting so warm from warm hands and being handled so much. Best purchase I ever made for pastry.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Cinnamon & Apple Bread and No Butter Pudding
- 2 slices wholemeal bread (60g) – HexB or 5 syns
- 200ml skimmed milk – Part HexA or 3 syns
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Butter or coconut frylight
- 80g eating apple, peeled, cored and diced – 2 syns
- Preheat oven 170°C.
- Roll the slices of bread nice and flat with a rolling pin.
- Spray the bread with desired frylight and sprinkle the cinnamon all over the bread being as generous as you like and roll each slice up nice and tight.
- Slice the bread in slices and set aside.
- Add the milk to a milk pan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, sweetener and vanilla in a dish and pour the hot milk in, whisking as you pour.
- Lay the cinnamon swirled bread in the milk and scatter the apple in between the bread swirls and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until set.
- Either enjoy hot from the oven or allow to cool and refrigerate and enjoy chilled from the fridge.