COOKIEEEE!! Hands up who likes cookies? *raises both hands high*.
Morrison’s and Wilkinson’s both have mini skillet pans in the Christmas gift sections this year, if memory serves me one comes with a pancake mix and the other a cookie mix. And are £5 each. So we brought 2 cookie ones. For the record the cookie mix included in the pack is gross so I really wouldn’t waste your syns on it. So as usual I experimented to make our own that is much nicer.
Most recipes can be adapted for Slimming World by changing a few ingredients around and that’s exactly what we do in our recipes.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- Mini skillet pans
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Serves 2 – 9 syns per person
- 1 tablespoon low fat/light butter, melted – 2.5 syns (Check your own brand as they all vary)
- 2 tablespoons soft dark brown sugar – 6 syns
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tablespoons plain flour – 8 syns (Check your own brand as they all vary)
- 6g Dr. Oetker plan chocolate chips – 1.5 syns
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Whisk the melted butter with the sugar and sweetener in a bowl, add the egg yolk and vanilla and continue whisking until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and bicarb and use a rubber spatula to mix until all the flour is incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix in until roughly combined.
- Spread the cookie batter between 2 greased mini skillet pans, or one medium sized pan, leaving a little space around the edge (It will spread out when baking).
- Place the skillet(s) in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are starting to brown and go crisp. Leave in the oven for an extra 5 minutes if you want a crispier cookie.