We love a crumble and as much as the sugary sweet pastry type topping is delicious, using oats or muesli does the same trick and is equally as yummy. And whats more you can use this as your healthy extra B choice so you would only need to syn a bit of custard which you can use your A choice for to keep the shop brought variety lower in syns.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Love these little dishes, they are also a great size for baked oats and can be used for so much more too. They are well used in this house.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 20g porridge oats or 20g no added sugar swiss style muesli – Half HexB or 3.5 syns
- 150g cooking apple – Half HexB or 2.5 syns
- 1 – 2 teaspsoons sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar – 1 syn
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and chop the apple into bite sized pieces, toss in the spices and sweetener and add to an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle your oats or muesli over the top of the apple and then sprinkle over the brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for around 20-30 minutes depending how soft you like your apple.
- Serve with yogurt or quark for a breakfast alternative, custard or ice cream for a dessert.