We love a crumble and adding muesli or granola to the top for extra crunch makes this even tastier. We use Kellogg’s no added sugar muesli as it contains nuts, almonds and fruit in so adds even more flavour to this dish but you can just use oats if you can’t have nuts or any muesli you prefer. You can even use granola which makes an even crisper topping.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Love these little dishes, they are also a great size for baked oats and can be used for so much more too. They are well used in this house.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 90g Kellogg’s no added sugar muesli
- 25g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon clover light spread
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar (Optional)
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled and cored
- 1 – 2 teaspoons sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan.
- Chop the apple into bite sized pieces, toss in the spices and sweetener and add to an oven proof dish.
- Rub the butter into the flour to make a crumb, stir in the muesli and caster sugar and sprinkle over the apple, add the brown sugar to the top if using (this caramelises once cooked).
- Bake in the oven for around 20-25 minutes depending how soft you like your apple.
- Serve with custard or ice cream for a tasty dessert.