We always try to find new things to have for breakfast as it can get boring having the same thing over again. We both love a hot breakfast and will often have a fry up and this is where our breakfast hotpot comes from.
I decided one morning I fancied chips with a fry up so did some potato slices and then thought it would be super tasty to turn my fry up into a hotpot and this now makes a regular appearance, we sometimes replace the potato slices for ready made hash browns or waffles for quickness too depending how eager we are to want breakfast.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into half cm thick slices
- 8 bacon medallions, fat removed
- 1 400g can baked beans
- 1 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- Your favourite cheese (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 210°C fan.
- Rinse the potatoes to remove the starch and pat dry, place on a baking tray, spray with a little cooking spray or oil and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile lightly grill the bacon and fry the onions for a few minutes until just starting to soften.
- In an oven proof dish start to layer everything up in any order you like, beans, bacon, tomatoes, onion, courgette, bacon, beans, tomatoes and then the potatoes on the top, season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes until everything is heated through and bubbling and the potatoes are golden brown.
- Either serve as it is, or top with your favourite cheese and grill until melted.