We always try to find new things to have for breakfast as it can get boring having the same thing over again. We both love a hot breakfast and will often have a fry up and this is where our breakfast hotpot comes from.
I decided one morning I fancied chips with a fry up so did some potato slices and then thought it would be super tasty to turn my fry up into a hotpot and this now makes a regular appearance.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into half cm thick slices
- 8 bacon medallions, fat removed
- 1 400g can baked beans
- 1 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- (Optional) Cheese from your healthy A choice
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Rinse the potatoes to remove the starch and pat dry, place on a baking tray, spray with a little frylight and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile lightly grill the bacon and fry the onions for a few minutes until just starting to soften.
- In an oven proof dish start to layer everything up in any order you like, beans, bacon, tomaotes, onion, courgette, bacon, beans, tomatoes and then the potatoes on the top, season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes until everything is heated through and bubbling and the potatoes are golden brown.
- Either serve as it is, or top with your healthy A choice of cheese and grill until melted.