We love a crumble and adding muesli or granola to the top for extra crunch makes this even tastier. We use Kellogg’s no added sugar muesli as it contains nuts, almonds and fruit in so adds even more flavour to this dish but you can just use oats if you can’t have nuts or any muesli you prefer. Granola also works well and gives a crunchier topping.
We use frozen cherries in this recipe, however when in season we will use fresh instead but feel free to use either in this recipe as they both work fine.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Love these little dishes, they are also a great size for baked oats and can be used for so much more too. They are well used in this house.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 90g Kellogg’s no added sugar muesli
- 25g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon clover light spread
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 200g frozen cherries, defrosted
- 1 – 2 teaspoons sweetener
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan.
- Add the cherries and any juice from defrosting along with the sweetener and almond extract to an oven proof dish.
- Rub the butter into the flour to make a crumb, stir in the muesli and caster sugar and sprinkle over the cherries.
- Bake in the oven for around 20-25 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden.
- Serve with custard or ice cream for a tasty dessert.