- 1 New York Bakery Co seeded bagel thin
- 1 egg
- 25ml whole milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- 1 tablespoon sweet mincemeat
- In a bowl whisk the egg, milk, sweetener, and almond extract until well mixed.
- Dip the bagel in the egg mixture and fry each side just to seal the egg in. Pop in the toaster to finish off (Make sure you keep an eye it don’t burn, adjust your toasters heat setting if needed) You can just fry it both sides if you wish, but I find toasting it puffs it up and prevents the middle being soggy still.
- Slightly warm the mincemeat with 1 teaspoon cold water so it goes further and spread over the cooked bagel.
- Serve alongside some fruit for a filling breakfast.