Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- These little dishes are great for baked oats, cakes etc and also for doing just one portion of casserole, shepherds pie, chilli etc if you are cooking for one.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
** DISCLAIMER: BAKING POWDER IS SYNNED AT 0.5 SYN PER TEASPOON, I PERSONALLY DO NOT SYN THE AMOUNT I USE IN THIS RECIPE BUT TO PROTECT YOUR OWN WEIGHT LOSS DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU.
Marbled Chocolate Orange Baked Oatbran
- 45g oatbran – HexB or 7.5 syns
- ½ tablespoon sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder**
- 1 egg
- 2 heaped tablespoons fat free greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- ½ teaspoon cocoa extract
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder – 1 syn (Check your own brand as syns vary)
- 1 tablespoon no added sugar marmalade – 1.5 syns
- ½ tablespoon Sweet Freedom orange spice chot shot – 1 syn
- Orange food colouring (Optional)
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and give a quick mix.
- In another bowl whisk the egg until pale and fluffy and stir in the yogurt.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Divide the mix equally between 2 bowls.
- Add the flavourings and food colouring if you wish to use it into each bowl and give a good mix, add the cocoa powder to the chocolate flavoured mix and stir to mix it in.
- Pour your mixtures into your desired dish and swirl the two mixtures together.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Warm the marmalade in the microwave for a few seconds so its runny and drizzle over the baked oats along with the choc shot.