- 1 Schar gluten free white ciabatta
- 1 egg
- 25ml whole milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sweet mincemeat
- In a bowl whisk the egg, milk, sweetener, cinnamon and almond extract until well mixed.
- Dip the ciabatta in the egg mixture and fry each side just to seal the egg in. Pop in the toaster to finish off (Make sure you keep an eye it don’t burn, adjust your toasters heat setting if needed) You can just fry it both sides if you wish, but I find toasting it puffs it up and prevents the middle being soggy still.
- Slightly warm the mincemeat with 1 teaspoon cold water so it goes further and spread over the cooked ciabatta.
- Serve alongside some fruit for a filling breakfast.