We love sweet and savoury together. Cheese, ham and pineapple on sticks is a common party food that so many people love. Pineapple on pizza is another, although that is more of a Marmite situation, you either love it or hate it, personally we love it. Sweet and sour with pineapple from the Chinese… yum. Fruit goes so well in many meals.
This recipe is one I came across by chance. We had some chicken breasts out and had some pineapple that needed using up so raided the cupboards for some other ingredients and this dish was born. Its refreshing, filling and super tasty. And the added bonus… its syn free.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- I love gadgets but you can often find some that don’t work, however this pineapple corer is ace, simple to use too. Obviously if you want to serve it in the pineapple you don’t want to use this.
- A big time saver for chopping veg with a veg chopper, from onions to carrots this is a god send to chop quickly.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Chicken and Pineapple Fried Rice
- 300g jasmine rice, cooked and cooled (cooked the day before is even better)
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 100g french green beans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons double strength no added sugar tropical squash
- 1 teaspoon chinese 5 spice
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (make sure you get the right one, you want the one in the tall bottle not the thick one in a jar as its synned)
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- Fry the chicken until golden brown, remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan fry the carrots, green beans, onion and pepper until starting to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, soy sauce, oyster sauce, squash, 5 spice, rice, egg and the chicken and heat through. Season to taste.
- Before serving add the pineapple and spring onions.
- Please note: if you cook the pineapple you should syn it accordingly, as we are only stirring it through once the meal is cooked there is no need to syn this dish.