We love sweet and savoury together. Cheese, ham and pineapple on sticks is a common party food that so many people love. Pineapple on pizza is another, although that is more of a Marmite situation, you either love it or hate it, personally we love it. Sweet and sour with pineapple from the Chinese… yum. Fruit goes so well in many meals.
You can even use the sin of the pineapple as a bowl to serve this in to save on washing up. Perfect.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- I love gadgets but you can often find some that don’t work, however this pineapple corer is ace, simple to use too. Obviously if you want to serve it in the pineapple you don’t want to use this.
- A big time saver for chopping veg with a veg chopper, from onions to carrots this is a god send to chop quickly.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 250g jasmine rice, cooked and cooled (cooked the day before is even better)
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 2 chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 salad tomatoes, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- Handful of frozen peas, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons double strength no added sugar tropical squash
- 1 teaspoon chinese 5 spice
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- Fry the chicken until golden brown, remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan fry the carrots, onion and pepper until starting to soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat through. Season to taste.
- Serve along side some stir fry vegetables.