All the best meals rolled into one. Pasta, pizza and all things Christmas.
This has been a meal we have done for years, even before Slimming World, we just make healthier toppings now.
Now we have mixed responses to this meal when we post it and tell people about it but its honestly a really good meal, its also great to use up those Chrismas Day leftovers to make a tasty filling meal.
You can add any toppings you like to this, you can add leftover turkey, sausagemeat, any veggies etc.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Cheese grater with varying grater sizes.
- A lot of our dishes are pyrex, great for cooking. Perfect for roasters too and easy to clean.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Festive Pizza Pasta
Serves 4 – 5 syns plus 1 HexA per person
(Please note syn values on different brands vary on a lot of these items so please double check your own values to protect your losses)
- 300g penne pasta
- 16 baby plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 Heck chicken Italia chipolatas – 2 syns
- 2 slices smoked bacon, fat removed
- 33g stuffing mix (dried weight) – 6 syns
- Handful brussel sprouts
- Handful chanetennay carrots
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 8 slices pepperoni – 8 syns
- 80g light mature cheddar, grated – 2 x HexA or 12 syns
- 60g red leicester, grated – 2 x HexA or 12 syns
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce – 3 syns
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan.
- Make your pigs (well chicks in this case) in blankets. Halve the chipolatas by twisting them in the centre and cutting in half through the skin. Cut the bacon into 8 slices and wrap a slice around each little sausage. Place in a baking dish and cook in the oven for around 20 minutes turning once halfway until golden and cooked through.
- Make the stuffing via the instructions on the packet. Place in a greased baking dish and bake in the oven until crispy and cooked.
- Meanwhile boil the pasta and cook the carrots and sprouts however you wish, I roasted ours while the sausages roasted but feel free to boil or steam them if you prefer (or use leftovers to save even more time).
- Gently fry the onion in a pan until soft and set aside.
- In a jug add the plum tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs and 50ml cold water, stir, cover with a lid and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir the tomato mixture and break up the tomatoes if they are split, continue cooking in the microwave in 1 minute bursts until all the tomatoes have split and broken down into a sauce.
- Now to assemble everything together.
- Stir the fried onion and tomato sauce through the pasta and season to taste with salt and pepper, place in an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle over the majority of the cheese leaving a little aside for now.
- Place the sprouts, pigs (chicks) in blankets and carrots over the top and break the stuffing up into pieces and place on top too. Sprinkle the last little bit of cheese over the top and place the pepperoni slices across too.
- Place back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and melted.
- Before serving dollop the cranberry sauce over the top and serve.