All the best meals rolled into one. Pasta, pizza and all things Christmas.
This has been a meal we have done for years, even before Slimming World, we just make healthier toppings now.
Now we have mixed responses to this meal when we post it and tell people about it but its honestly a really good meal, its also great to use up those Chrismas Day leftovers to make a tasty filling meal.
You can add any toppings you like to this, you can add leftover turkey, sausagemeat, any veggies etc. Also feel free to use any cheese you prefer too, we like a variety of cheese as they all melt differently and add flavour but use what you prefer.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Cheese grater with varying grater sizes.
- A lot of our dishes are pyrex, great for cooking. Perfect for roasters too and easy to clean.
**NOTE: just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have used a spice kit available from SpiceNTice which have all the spices you need all included in one kit so we don’t need to rummage through the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their spice kits and rubs are all Slimming Club friendly (Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Calorie counting etc). For 20% off your order you can use our code HICKMAN at the checkout.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Festive Pizza Pasta
(Please note syn values on different brands vary on a lot of these items so please double check your own values to protect your losses)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 courgette, grated
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 500g carton passata
- 1 beef or vegetable oxo cube
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons SpiceNTice Italian rub – 1 syn (** See note above about this rub)
- 300g penne pasta
- 4 Heck chicken Italia chipolatas – 2 syns
- 2 slices smoked bacon, fat removed
- 33g stuffing mix (dried weight) – 6 syns
- Handful brussel sprouts
- Handful chanetennay carrots
- Pizza pepperoni – 1 syn per slice (use as many slices as you wish to syn)
- 80g light mature cheddar, grated – 2 x HexA or 12 syns
- 30g red leicester, grated – 1 x HexA or 6 syns
- 70g reduced fat/light mozzarella cheese – 1 x HexA or 6 syns
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce – 3 syns
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan.
- Make your pigs (well chicks in this case) in blankets. Halve the chipolatas by twisting them in the centre and cutting in half through the skin. Cut the bacon into 8 slices and wrap a slice around each little sausage. Place in a baking dish and cook in the oven for around 20 minutes turning once halfway until golden and cooked through.
- Make the stuffing via the instructions on the packet. Place in a greased baking dish and bake in the oven until crispy and cooked.
- Meanwhile boil the pasta and cook the carrots and sprouts however you wish, I roasted ours while the sausages roasted but feel free to boil or steam them if you prefer (or use leftovers to save even more time).
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan saute the onion, peppers, garlic and celery until soft.
- Add all the other sauce ingredients and simmer on a low heat for around 10 – 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Now to assemble everything together.
- Stir the tomato sauce through the pasta and place in an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle over the majority of the cheese leaving a little aside for now.
- Place the sprouts, pigs (chicks) in blankets and carrots over the top and break the stuffing up into pieces and place on top too. Sprinkle the last little bit of cheese over the top and place the pepperoni slices across too.
- Place back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and melted.
- Before serving dollop the cranberry sauce over the top and serve.
This dish is perfect for any leftovers from Christmas day so you can skip half the steps in this dish, just simply make your tomato sauce, boil your pasta and then assemble.