A refreshing salad for the warmer days. We love adding fruit into salads, it just adds a little extra flavour and some sweetness that we sometimes crave. And it pairs so well with certain foods. Pomegranates are a great fruit to add as they can be a bit boring just as a fruit so adding them into a salad or even a simple fruit salad is a great way of including them into your diet.
This dish is a perfect side dish at a BBQ or something you can make and just leave in the fridge for a few days and grab when needed, simply make in advance and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, we have stored it longer than this but use your own judgement.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Pomegranate & Orange Rice Salad
- 200g brown rice
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 orange peeled and segmented
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 4 spring onions, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Quarter of a cucumber, diced
- Juice and zest of a lime
- Bunch of basil, finely chopped
- Cook the rice in the stock pot according to your packets instructions and allow to go cold.
- Add all your ingredients to a bowl and toss to coat everything in all the flavours.
- Serve alongside a BBQ feast, some steak or even just on its own with a simple leafy salad on the side.
- Perfect to enjoy a glass of white wine with. Syn accordingly of course.