A refreshing salad for the warmer days. We love adding fruit into salads, it just adds a little extra flavour and some sweetness that we sometimes crave. And it pairs so well with certain foods. Pomegranates are a great fruit to add as they can be a bit boring just as a fruit so adding them into a salad or even a simple fruit salad is a great way of including them into your diet.
This dish is a perfect side dish at a BBQ or something you can make and just leave in the fridge for a few days and grab when needed, simply make in advance and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, we have stored it longer than this but use your own judgement.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 250g brown rice
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 orange peeled and segmented
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 4 spring onions, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Quarter of a cucumber, diced
- Juice and zest of a lime
- Bunch of basil, finely chopped
- Cook the rice in the stock pot according to your packets instructions and allow to go cold.
- Add all your ingredients to a bowl and toss to coat everything in all the flavours.
- Serve alongside a BBQ feast, some steak, chicken or even just on its own with a simple leafy salad on the side.