- 1 slice Tesco Fruit Loaf
- 1 egg
- 25ml whole milk
- 1 teaspoon orange essence
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- In a bowl whisk the egg, milk, sweetener, and orange essence until well mixed.
- Dip the fruit loaf in the egg mixture and fry each side just to seal the egg in. Pop in the toaster to finish off (Make sure you keep an eye it don’t burn, adjust your toasters heat setting if needed) You can just fry it both sides if you wish, but I find toasting it puffs it up and prevents the middle being soggy still.
- Serve alongside some fruit and sweetened quark for a tasty breakfast or some ice cream for an indulgent pudding.