Who loves KFC? *raises our hands*. You can totally enjoy a KFC whilst following Slimming World, there is quite a lot of options you can enjoy without feeling like you are being deprived of your favourite takeaway. The KFC rice box is one of the most popular choices to have which would see almost all your daily allowance gone, but worth it right? I sure think it is.
So inspired by our favourite meal we have our own version for a lot less syns but still full of flavour. We use bacon frazzles as our coating in this recipe, however we have also just used breadcrumbs from our healthy extra which you can also use but we found using the frazzles gave an edge to the chicken. Soooo good!
Now just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have found these seasonings from http://www.soeasyseasonings.co.uk which have all the spices you need already all included in one spice so that we only need to add a few teaspoons without rummaging the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their seasonings are syn free, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo friendly and all natural ingredients, no sugar, preservatives, additives or MSG, and a little goes a long way.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
KFC Rice Box
Serves 2 – Half HexB plus 2.5 syns per person (always round syns up)
- 2 chicken breasts, fat removed
- 1 18g bag bacon frazzles – 4.5 syns (you can use the Tesco equivalent but syns may vary so double check)
- 1 60g wholemeal roll, blitzed into breadcrumbs – 1 HexB or 6 syns (please check your wholemeal rolls as they are not all B choices and also vary in syns if synning them)
- ½ teaspoon So Easy Seasonings Inferno blend if you like it spicy or alternatively use ½ teaspoon of their cajun blend with ½ teaspoon of the chimi churi blend for a milder seasoning.
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 packet Aldi golden vegetable savoury rice (careful of other brands as some have syns)
- 2 tablespoons mixed bean salad
- 1½ tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon So Easy Seasoning fajita blend
- Preheat oven 200°C fan.
- Place the frazzles in a bag and use a rolling pin to bash them into crumbs, tip into a bowl with the seasonings and breadcrumbs and stir to mix everything together.
- Dip the chicken into the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture and evenly coat, place on an oven tray.
- Roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until cooked and the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile cook the savoury rice according to the packets instructions, in the last 5 minutes of cooking time add the bean salad, tomato puree and the spices and finish cooking.
- Serve alongside a nice big salad and a dollop of fresh salsa.