I love our skillet pan, it gets used so often, and it makes the most tastiest of meals too. This is one of our favourite dishes to have in the winter but its a great meal all year round too. You only need the one pan to cook this in so also saves on the washing up. Yippee.
You can serve this with any vegetables you wish.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- Skillet pans, not only are they great for frying but they can also go in the oven.
- Garlic crusher, we have had this one for a good while, easy to clean and can crush multiple cloves at once saving time.
**NOTE: just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have used a spice kit available from SpiceNTice which have all the spices you need all included in one kit so we don’t need to rummage through the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their spice kits and rubs are all Slimming Club friendly (Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Calorie counting etc). For 20% off your order you can use our code HICKMAN at the checkout.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Braised Steak in Red Wine
Serves 2 – 3 syns per person
- 2 lean fillet steaks, fat removed
- 10 shallots, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250ml hot beef stock
- 125ml red wine (10 – 12% vol) – 5 syns
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- SpiceNTice chimichurri rub
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, made up with a splash of cold water – 1 syn
- Preheat oven 160°C fan.
- Season each steak with the chimichurri rub.
- In a hot skillet pan fry the steaks on each side just until they start to show a golden colour, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan fry the shallots and garlic for a few minutes until they start to colour and soften, remove from the pan and set aside with the steaks.
- Deglaze the pan with the stock and wine and bring to the boil, stir in the cornflour mixture and keep stirring until mixed. If the sauce is too thick add a little hot water to it.
- Add the steaks and shallots back into the pan.
- Place the sprigs of rosemary and thyme on top and cover with tin foil (shiney side down).
- Place in the oven for 1 – 1½hrs or until everything is cooked and the meat is nice and tender. (If you prefer your meat rare reduce the cooking time).
- Serve with your favourite vegetables.