Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- A little gadget that so many people over look but is worth getting to prevent strawberry wastage is these nifty little hullers, I also use it for taking out the core of a tomato too.
- Small frying pan for one egg, ideal for even shaped pancakes, along with a small spatula to help flip them over.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
** DISCLAIMER: BAKING POWDER IS SYNNED AT 0.5 SYN PER TEASPOON, I PERSONALLY DO NOT SYN THE AMOUNT I USE IN THIS RECIPE BUT TO PROTECT YOUR OWN WEIGHT LOSS DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU.
Chocolate & Strawberry Pancakes
- 45g oatbran – 1 x HexB or 7.5 syns
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sweetener
- 2 eggs, 1 whole and 1 separated
- 2 heaped spoons of fat free natural greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder – 1 syn (Different brands vary so double check your own syns)
- A few drops of strawberry flavouring
- Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Quark, sweetened with a little sweetener and strawberry essence
- 2 teaspoons no added sugar strawberry jam – 1 syn
- In a bowl whisk the whole egg, egg yolk, yogurt and strawberry essence until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl add the sweetener, baking powder, cocoa powder and oatbran and give it a little stir.
- Add the whisked egg mixture to the oats and mix until well incorporated, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk the egg white until soft peaks form, fold these into the pancake mixture being careful not too knock too much air out in the process.
- Frylight a one pan egg pan or any frying pan will do and dollop the mixture in the pans in batches, cooking until golden on each side and cooked through.
- Serve with the quark, strawberries and jam.