- 45g oatbran
- ½ tablespoon sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon 0% fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 18g Mixed dried fruit
- ½ cup strong brewed black tea, allowed to go cold
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- Soak the fruit in the cold tea for a minimum of 1 hour (this is optional and just to rehydrate the fruit, I usually soak mine over night ready for the morning).
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Add the dry ingredients apart from the brown sugar to a bowl and give a quick mix.
- In a bowl whisk the egg and vanilla until pale, add the yogurt and mix together.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Drain the fruit from the tea and tip the fruit in the oat mixture and mix well.
- Leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Pour your mixture into your desired dish.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top and bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- These can be enjoyed hot or cold, simply slice and enjoy.
- You can make them ahead and store in an airtight container, these should last up to 3 days so ideal for batch cooking for days you want to grab and go.