I love our skillet pan, it gets used so often, and it makes the most tastiest of meals too. This is one of our favourite dishes to have in the winter but its a great meal all year round too. You only need the one pan to cook this in so also saves on the washing up. Yippee.
You can serve this with any vegetables you wish, you can even serve it alongside a salad if you prefer.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- Skillet pans, not only are they great for frying but they can also go in the oven.
- Quick and easy apple corer and slicer in one.
- Garlic crusher, we have had this one for a good while, easy to clean and can crush multiple cloves at once saving time.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Braised Pork & Apple
Serves 2 – 2 syns per person (always round syns up)
- 4 lean pork steaks, fat removed
- 100g eating apple, sliced – 2.5 syns
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- 25ml no added sugar apple squash (make sure its squash not juice as juice is synned)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons cornflour, made up with a splash of cold water – 1 syn
- Preheat oven 160°C fan.
- In a skillet pan fry the pork steaks on each side just until they start to show a golden colour, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes until they start to colour and soften, remove from the pan and set aside with the pork.
- Deglaze the pan with the stock and apple squash and bring the stock to the boil, stir in the cornflour mixture and keep stirring until mixed. If the sauce is too thick add a little hot water to it.
- Add the pork and the onions back into the pan and arrange the apple slices over the top ensuring they are covered in the sauce.
- Place the sprigs of rosemary on top and cover with tin foil (shiney side down).
- Place in the oven for 1 – 1½hrs or until everything is cooked and the meat is nice and tender.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables making sure you get your speed food on the plate first.