- 45g oatbran
- ½ tablespoon sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 25ml whole milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the topping:
- 2 teaspoons no added sugar cherry jam
- 3g ground almonds
- Preheat your donut machine (or follow any instructions your machine provides).
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and give a quick mix.
- In another bowl whisk the egg and almond until pale, add the milk and give a quick mix.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Once the donut machine is heated add a few spoonful’s into each cavity and cook for 4-5 minutes (you may need to experiment here or follow instructions from your machine as they will all vary).
- Keep cooking your batter in batches being sure not to over fill to prevent leaking out the sides and wasted mixture.
- Slightly warm the jam with a little water so its runnier, goes further and easier to dip.
- As you take the donuts out the machine quickly dip them into the ground almonds so it sticks while they are still hot.
- Dip into the jam and serve alongside some fruit or enjoy as a pudding or even along side a cuppa.
- Alternatively you can use a silicone donut mould and bake in the oven at 180 fan for around 20 minutes, you may need to keep an eye as this is just an estimate time as I have only ever done them in a machine.