- 45g oatbran
- 1 tablespoon TRKG cherry syrup (See here for info on these syrups)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- a few drops of Cherry flavouring
- 2 heaped tablespoons fat free greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Quark, sweetened with sweetener and a few drops of cherry flavouring
- Frozen black forest fruits, defrosted
- Preheat your waffle machine (or follow any instructions your machine provides).
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and give a quick mix.
- In another bowl whisk the egg, syrup and a few drops of cherry flavouring until pale, add the yogurt and mix.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Once the waffle machine is heated add the batter of the mixture into the machine and cook for 5-6 minutes (you may need to experiment here or follow instructions from your machine as they will all vary).
- Serve with the quark and berries.
- The waffles can be made in advance and popped in the toaster to heat through.
- The waffles can also be batch made, frozen between sheets of baking paper and in an airtight box, defrost fully then pop in the toaster to heat.