With summer approaching and the BBQ’s being dusted off this potato salad is a delicious side dish to add to the table. Enjoy it hot or cold.
This can be made ahead and stored in the fridge and reheated if desired so its quite a versatile dish. Salads don’t have to be boring so give this one a try.
We don’t peel our spuds but if you don’t like the skins then peel them first before following the recipe. We also use tinned potatoes sometimes if we have ran out of fresh new potatoes and they work just as well.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- A big time saver for chopping veg with a veg chopper, from onions to carrots this is a god send to chop quickly.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- Roasting tins
**NOTE: just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have used a spice kit available from SpiceNTice which have all the spices you need all included in one kit so we don’t need to rummage through the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their spice kits and rubs are all Slimming Club friendly (Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Calorie counting etc). For 10% off your order you can use our code HICKMAN10 at the checkout.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 300g new potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 tin cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 100g French green beans
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 2 teaspoons SpiceNTice Argentinian steak rub (** see note above about this spice)
- Piece of steak per person, we usually choose a piece of sirloin or rib eye but use your preferred cut.
- Preheat oven 210°C fan.
- Season your preferred cut of steak with 1 teaspoon Argentinian spice and set aside for now.
- Place the potatoes and chickpeas in an oven tray and spray with a little frylight or oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20- 25 minutes until cooked through and skin crispy.
- Meanwhile make the sauce.
- In a deep frying pan stir fry the onion and beans on a medium heat until softened.
- Add in the bell pepper and fry for a few minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, puree and 1 teaspoon of the Argentinian spice and simmer on a low heat until the sauce has thickened and the veg is softened.
- Toss in the potatoes and chickpeas and make sure they are coated in the lovely tomato sauce.
- Cook your steak to your requirements, slice and serve with the potato salad and a side of vegetables.