With summer approaching and the BBQ’s being dusted off this potato salad is a delicious side dish to add to the table. Enjoy it hot or cold.
This can be made ahead and stored in the fridge and reheated if desired so its quite a versatile dish. Salads don’t have to be boring so give this one a try.
We don’t peel our spuds but if you don’t like the skins then peel them first before following the recipe. We also use tinned potatoes sometimes if we have ran out of fresh new potatoes and they work just as well.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- A big time saver for chopping veg with a veg chopper, from onions to carrots this is a god send to chop quickly.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- Roasting tins
Now just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have found these seasonings from http://www.soeasyseasonings.co.uk which have all the spices you need already all included in one spice so that we only need to add a few teaspoons without rummaging the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their seasonings are syn free, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo friendly and all natural ingredients, no sugar, preservatives, additives or MSG, and a little goes a long way.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Mediterranean Potato Salad
- 300g new potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 tin cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 100g French green beans
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 2 teaspoons So Easy Seasonings Mediterranean blend
- Preheat oven 210°C fan.
- Place the potatoes and chickpeas in an oven tray and spray with a little garlic frylight and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20- 25 minutes until cooked through and skin crispy.
- Meanwhile make the sauce.
- In a deep frying pan stir fry the onion and beans on a medium heat until softened.
- Add in the bell pepper and fry for a few minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, puree and Mediterranean seasoning and simmer on a low heat until the sauce has thickened and the veg is softened.
- Toss in the potatoes and chickpeas and make sure they are coated in the lovely tomato sauce.
- Serve hot or cold. Both equally as delicious.
Photo shows our potato salad with steak and vegetables.