A simple dish that punches flavour. Can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for weekday lunches too.
You can replace the chicken with a vegetarian alternative or just simple roast vegetables in the tikka spice and skip the meat and meat replacements altogether.
Now just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have found these seasonings from http://www.soeasyseasonings.co.uk which have all the spices you need already all included in one spice so that we only need to add a few teaspoons without rummaging the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their seasonings are syn free, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo friendly and all natural ingredients, no sugar, preservatives, additives or MSG, and a little goes a long way. We also have a discount code we can provide for 15% off throughout their website: HICKMANS15 should you wish to purchase any.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Chicken Tikka Rice Salad
- 2 chicken breasts, fat removed
- 3 teaspoons So Easy Seasonings tikka masala spice
- 150g easy cook rice
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- Small packet tenderstem brocolli
- Small packet french green beans
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- Add the chicken, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice and the tikka spice into a ziplock bag and marinate over night.
- Preheat oven 200°C fan.
- Cook the rice according to the packets instructions.
- Place the vegetables on a greased baking tray and drizzle a few teaspoons of the reserved lime juice over the tops, roast for 15 minutes or until they are cooked.
- Meanwhile cook your chicken in a griddle pan, we use a George Formans but you can just simply fry it if you prefer or roast it along side the vegetables, just adjust the cooking times to suit.
- Simply serve your rice, veg and chicken in a bowl and stir through the reserved lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.