Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- Non-stick milk pan as I love having the lip to make it easier to pour without spillage.
- We have this cute little nutmeg grater, it stores our fresh nutmeg inside so they are together. Love it.
- Ramekin dishes, make great sauce pots too, serving baked beans, tomatoes, dips etc. Always handy to have in the cupboard.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 100ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon low fat butter
- 12g sultanas (Optional)
- Ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven 170°C.
- Spread the butter on each slice of bread.
- Slice the bread in chunks and set aside.
- Add the milk to a jug and heat in the microwave until bubbling.
- Lightly whisk the egg, sweetener and vanilla in another jug and pour the hot milk in, whisking as you pour.
- Place the bread in little ramekin dishes and pour in the egg mixture, add the sultanas if using and sprinkle with nutmeg over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until set.
- Either enjoy hot from the oven or allow to cool and refrigerate and enjoy chilled from the fridge.