Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- Non-stick milk pan as I love having the lip to make it easier to pour without spillage.
- We have this cute little nutmeg grater, it stores our fresh nutmeg inside so they are together. Love it.
- Ramekin dishes, make great sauce pots too, serving baked beans, tomatoes, dips etc. Always handy to have in the cupboard.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Mini Traditional Bread and No Butter Pudding
- 2 slices wholemeal bread (60g) – HexB or 5 syns
- 200ml whole milk – HexA or 6 syns
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon low fat butter – 2.5 syns (check own brands as syns vary)
- 12g sultanas – 2 syns (Optional)
- Ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven 170°C.
- Spread the butter on each slice of bread.
- Slice the bread in chunks and set aside.
- Add the milk to a jug and heat in the microwave until bubbling.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, sweetener and vanilla in another jug and pour the hot milk in, whisking as you pour.
- Place the bread in little ramekin dishes and pour in the egg mixture, add the sultanas if using and sprinkle with nutmeg over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until set.
- Either enjoy hot from the oven or allow to cool and refrigerate and enjoy chilled from the fridge.