Sometimes something quick and simple is what we need for a lunch or even an easy dinner. That’s where pasta dishes come in handy, simply chuck what ever veggies you have in with some pasta and a tin of tomatoes and you got yourself an easy and tasty meal.
You can add any vegetables to this dish, you can even add in some meat too or even serve it alongside a piece of steak or chicken if you want some meat on your plate and less carbs. This dish serves 2 people but if you add meat it will stretch a little further making this ideal for an extra portion for a work lunch or a meal for the freezer for another day.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- A big time saver for chopping veg with a veg chopper, from onions to carrots this is a god send to chop quickly.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- Non stick saucepans.
Now just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have found these seasonings from http://www.soeasyseasonings.co.uk which have all the spices you need already all included in one spice so that we only need to add a few teaspoons without rummaging the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their seasonings are syn free, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo friendly and all natural ingredients, no sugar, preservatives, additives or MSG, and a little goes a long way. We also have a discount code we can provide for 15% off throughout their website: HICKMANS15 should you wish to purchase any.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta
- 150g penne pasta
- 1 courgette, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 teaspoons So Easy Seasonings Mediterranean spice
- Balsamic vinegar
- 16 olives in brine, drained (Optional) – 3 syns
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water as per your packets instructions, reducing the cooking time by 5 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking in a pan saute the onion, courgette, carrots, celery and pepper until starting to soften.
- Add the tin tomatoes, tomato puree, a splash of balsamic vinegar and the spice and give a good mix.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, drain it from the pan and add the pasta to the vegetables and simmer until the pasta finishes cooking and the veg is cooked to your liking.
- Before serving stir through 8 olives per person.
- Serve alongside a salad or some roasted veggies for a quick and easy meal.