We love this sauce, it is great on its own served with a Chinese fakeaway feast or you can add it to chicken, pork, vegetables, rice and more.
Here are a couple of recipes using this delicious sauce for inspiration…
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- A big time saver for chopping veg with a veg chopper, from onions to carrots this is a god send to chop quickly.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Kilner jars, always handy for storing sauces.
- Hand held blender to blitz with ease, just don’t do it whilst piping hot.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 500g passata
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 250ml sugar free orangeade or lilt (in our opinion lilt is better but personal preference)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple jam
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- Simply add all ingredients to a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to the boil, simmer and keep stirring until thickened.
- Either serve as a dip, sauce or add in meat and vegetables.
- This sauce can be stored in an airtight jar and lasts up to a week in the fridge.