Almost everyone knows about these grapes, they make a really nice sweet treat. You can use any grapes, green, red, black, flavoured (candy floss and tropical ones are nice) and any flavour jelly crystals.
You can also soak your grapes in alcohol first too. We often do this in the summer by soaking a punnet of grapes in 25ml archers or vodka overnight before adding the crystals and adding to the freezer. Mmmm.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 1 punnet of grapes taken off the stalks
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice (Swap this with alcohol like mentioned above if you wish for a naughtier treat)
- 1 sachet sugar free jelly crystals (flavour of your choice)
- Add the grapes to a bowl and pour in the lime or lemon juice. Leave for 5 to 10 minutes. (If using alcohol follow the information above)
- Drain the grapes and add to a freezer proof box with a lid and sprinkle over the jelly crystals whilst shaking the grapes as you do to evenly coat them. (If using alcohol when draining don’t tip the alcohol away simply add a mixer and enjoy a drink).
- Place in the freezer and freeze.
- Once frozen simply enjoy. We eat ours straight away but if they are too hard and cold for your teeth simply let them sit at room temperature for 15 minutes first.