Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- These little dishes are great for baked oats, cakes etc and also for doing just one portion of casserole, shepherds pie, chilli etc if you are cooking for one.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
** DISCLAIMER: BAKING POWDER IS SYNNED AT 0.5 SYN PER TEASPOON, I PERSONALLY DO NOT SYN THE AMOUNT I USE IN THIS RECIPE BUT TO PROTECT YOUR OWN WEIGHT LOSS DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU.
A little note… This recipe uses Sweet Freedoms Chocolate Pot. Please note this is different to the Choc Shot. The Pot is a spread, the Shot is a syrup so will have a different outcome once cooked but either can be used. You can also use Nutella or any other chocolate spread but syn accordingly.
Chocolate Orange Melt in the Middle Baked Oatbran
- 45g oatbran – HexB or 7.5 syns
- ½ tablespoon sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder**
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Freedom Chocolate Pot Spread – 2 syns (See our little note above about this ingredient)
- 2 heaped tablespoons fat free natural greek yogurt
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and give a quick mix.
- In another bowl whisk the egg and orange extract until pale and fluffy, add the yogurt and whisk trying not to knock too much air out.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Pour your mixture into your desired dish leaving a few spoonfuls behind.
- Add the chocolate into the centre and cover the with the last few spoons of the mix.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- If you are lucky the chocolate will remain in the centre and be like a lava cake, or sometimes it just sinks. Either way they taste equally as delicious.
- Can be enjoyed hot or cold. Also can be made the day before and stored in an air tight container.