Salads don’t have to be boring, they also don’t have to be a cold salad either. Adding in hot ingredients too can really bring a salad to life.
You can add any vegetables you wish to this dish, serve as a side to a main dish or have purely as a main meal.
**NOTE: just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have used a spice kit available from SpiceNTice which have all the spices you need all included in one kit so we don’t need to rummage through the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their spice kits and rubs are all Slimming Club friendly (Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Calorie counting etc). For 20% off your order you can use our code HICKMAN at the checkout.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Roasted Veg & Chickpea Salad
Serves 2 – 0.5 syn per person
- Iceburg lettuce, washed and shredded
- Baby spinach, washed
- 1 tin baby new potatoes (or when in season highly recommend getting fresh new potatoes)
- 1 tin chickpeas in water, drained and rinsed
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons SpiceNTice Ras el Hanout rub – 1 syn (**See note above about this rub)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan.
- In a roasting tin add the potatoes, chickpeas and carrots and season with the Ras el Hanout rub, spray a little frylight and give the tin a little shake.
- Roast for around 15 – 20 minutes and shake them half way through cooking time. (If you prefer softer carrots then cook for longer until they are cooked to your preference, also if using fresh new potatoes cooking time may vary a little, poke a knife into the thickest part of the potato to check they are cooked).
- Place the lettuce and spinach onto your plate or bowl.
- Add the roasted veg and chickpeas and scatter in the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the lime juice and serve while still warm either as a side dish or as a main meal.
Alternatively you can add any dressing you like or leave it off completely,
some fat free vinaigrette, balsamic vinegar or any other dressing you wish will work just as well.