Salads don’t have to be boring, they also don’t have to be a cold salad either. Adding in hot ingredients too can really bring a salad to life.
You can add any vegetables you wish to this dish, serve as a side to a main dish or have purely as a main meal.
Now just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have found these seasonings from http://www.soeasyseasonings.co.uk which have all the spices you need already all included in one spice so that we only need to add a few teaspoons without rummaging the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their seasonings are syn free, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo friendly and all natural ingredients, no sugar, preservatives, additives or MSG, and a little goes a long way. We also have a discount code we can provide for 15% off throughout their website: HICKMANS15 should you wish to purchase any.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Roasted Veg & Chickpea Salad
- Iceburg lettuce, washed and shredded
- Baby spinach, washed
- 1 tin baby new potatoes (or when in season highly recommend getting fresh new potatoes)
- 1 tin chickpeas in water, drained and rinsed
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons So Easy Seasonings Mediterranean blend
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan.
- In a roasting tin add the potatoes, chickpeas and carrots and season with the Mediterranean blend, spray a little frylight and give the tin a little shake.
- Roast for around 15 – 20 minutes and shake them half way through cooking time. (If you prefer softer carrots then cook for longer until they are cooked to your preference, also if using fresh new potatoes cooking time may vary a little, poke a knife into the thickest part of the potato to check they are cooked).
- Place the lettuce and spinach onto your plate or bowl.
- Add the roasted veg and chickpeas and scatter in the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the lime juice and serve while still warm either as a side dish or as a main meal.
Alternatively you can add any dressing you like or leave it off completely,
some fat free vinaigrette, balsamic vinegar or any other dressing you wish will work just as well.