I do love it when an experiment goes to plan. Now a small confession from myself as I feel I am not alone here, but before eating cleaner/healthier I used to hate, and I mean hate anything with a creamy sauce, this included things like lasagne, mac n cheese, carbonara etc. It’s only been recently that I am slowly starting to love it and add various creamy meals into my diet and I am absolutely loving it.
This is where this little dish became a success. Please note you can use any cream cheese you prefer, however I used the chive one in this dish as it added that little extra flavour. You can use quark if you wish to save your A choice, and you can use any grated cheese from your A choice on the top, I have included the cheeses we used in the recipe so adapt them to your own tastes.
Some recommended items from our kitchen for this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Cheese grater with varying grater sizes.
- Pasta spoon, I can’t live without this spoon, makes life so much easier dishing up spaghetti.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- Garlic crusher, we have had this one for a good while, easy to clean and can crush multiple cloves at once saving time.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
Serves 2 – 1 HexA per person
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 150g dried spaghetti
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 chicken oxo cube
- 55g Primula chives – 1 x HexA
- 15g red leicester cheese – Half HexA
- 20g light mature cheddar – Half HexA
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook for half the time it says on the packets instructions
- Meanwhile in a pan fry the chicken with the oxo cube until browned and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan on a medium heat cook the onion, garlic, carrot, courgette, celery and pepper until softened.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and the tomato puree and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken back into the pan along with the part cooked spaghetti and simmer until the spaghetti is fully cooked and the sauce has thickened and been absorbed by the pasta.
- Stir in the basil and take off the heat.
- Just before serving stir in the primula and add the grated cheese over the top.
- Place under the grill and melt until nice and golden.
- Divide between 2 bowls and serve with speedy vegetables, garlic bread (Use your B choice to save some syns) or just a simple salad.