- 45g cherry fruit wheats
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons TRKG cherry syrup (See here for info on these syrups)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 heaped tablespoons fat free greek yogurt
- A few drops of cherry flavouring
- Preheat your waffle machine (or follow any instructions your machine provides).
- Blitz the fruit wheats in a blender, (don’t worry about the lumps of the fruit as that adds to the recipe keeping them chunky) and tip into a mixing bowl.
- Add the baking powder and give a little stir.
- Whisk the egg, syrup and flavouring together until pale, whisk in the yogurt and pour into the wheat mixture.
- Give a really good mix and leave the mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
- The batter should go puffy and airated.
- Once the waffle machine is heated add the batter into the machine and cook for 5-6 minutes (you may need to experiment here or follow instructions from your machine as they will all vary).
- I served mine with sweetened quark, fruit and a drizzle of syrup.
- The waffles can be made in advance and popped in the toaster to heat through.
- The waffles can also be batch made, frozen between sheets of baking paper and in an airtight box, defrost fully then pop in the toaster to heat.