Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- A decent non stick pan goes a long way with cooking, as long as you don’t use frylight on them and soak them straight away in hot water and don’t use anything abrasive on them they are brilliant.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Peaches & Cream French Toast
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf – HexB or 6 syns
- 1 egg
- 25ml whole milk – part HexA or 1 syn
- A few drops of peach flavouring
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- 1 or 2 peaches, sliced
- Quark to serve
- In a bowl whisk the egg, milk, sweetener, and peach flavouring until well mixed.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture and fry each side just to seal the egg in. Pop in the toaster to finish off (Make sure you keep an eye it don’t burn, adjust your toasters heat setting if needed) You can just fry it both sides if you wish, but I find toasting it puffs it up and prevents the middle being soggy still.
- Serve alongside the peach slices and quark and drizzle with some honey or syrup if you wish (syn accordingly).