Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Non-stick milk pan as I love having the lip to make it easier to pour without spillage.
- We have this cute little nutmeg grater, it stores our fresh nutmeg inside so they are together. Love it.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Hot Cross Bun Bread and Butter Pudding
Please Note: We have not included the syn value for the hot cross bun in this recipe purely because they all vary so much in syns and we all shop in different stores so you will have to syn your own using the syn calculator or looking it up on the database. Sorry to those who are not members and have no access to this information but to protect everyone’s losses we have decided not to include the values in this recipe.
- 1 Hot Cross Bun – Syn accordingly
- 200ml whole milk – HexA or 6 syns
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven 160°C.
- Add the milk to a milk pan and heat gently on the hob until it comes to the boil.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, sweetener and vanilla in a dish.
- Pour the hot milk in, whisking as you pour.
- Cut the hot cross bun in 4 pieces and place the hot cross bun into the egg mix and allow the egg to soak in (It may float a little). Sprinkle with nutmeg over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes until set. Either enjoy hot from the oven or allow to cool and refrigerate and enjoy chilled from the fridge.