- 45g oatbran
- 1 tablespoon TRKG strawberry bon bon syrup (See here for info on these syrups)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 heaped tablespoons fat free greek yogurt
- A couple of drops of strawberry flavouring
- 2 tablespoon freeze dried strawberries
- Quark, sweetened with sweetener
- Fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- Strawberry sauce to drizzle (Optional)
- Preheat your waffle machine (or follow any instructions your machine provides).
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl, don’t forget the dried strawberries in this step and give a quick mix.
- In a cup whisk the egg, syrup and flavouring until pale, add the yogurt and give a little stir.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Once the waffle machine is heated add the batter of the mixture into the machine and cook for 5-6 minutes (you may need to experiment here or follow instructions from your machine as they will all vary).
- Serve with the quark and fresh strawberries and drizzle over the sauce if using.
- The waffles can be made in advance and popped in the toaster to heat through.
- The waffles can also be batch made, frozen between sheets of baking paper and in an airtight box, defrost fully then pop in the toaster to heat.