- 45g oatbran
- ½ tablespoon sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 25ml whole milk
- A few drops of coconut flavouring
For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Freedom coconut choc shot
- 4g desiccated coconut
- Preheat your donut machine (or follow any instructions your machine provides).
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and give a quick mix.
- In another bowl whisk the egg and coconut flavouring until pale, add the milk and give a quick mix.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Once the donut machine is heated add a few spoonful’s into each cavity and cook for 4-5 minutes (you may need to experiment here or follow instructions from your machine as they will all vary).
- Keep cooking your batter in batches being sure not to over fill to prevent leaking out the sides and wasted mixture.
- Once cooked allow them to cool slightly.
- Dip each donut into the choc shot and sprinkle over the coconut.
- Alternatively you can use a silicone donut mould and bake in the oven at 180 fan for around 20 minutes, you may need to keep an eye as this is just an estimate time as I have only ever done them in a machine.